Van Life Business Ideas: Online Jewelry Shop
If you have always wanted to learn how to travel and make money, you’re in luck! It has never been easier to set up and operate a thriving online business while living the travel lifestyle. In the United States, there are about 15 million digital nomads – people who work and travel full-time – half of which own and operate an online company while on the road.
Today, many entrepreneurs utilize dropshipping to live out their dreams of making money while traveling. Dropshipping is a business model that allows you to sell physical products without having to buy them first. You simply advertise the product, collect the customer's payment, and then have the supplier ship directly to your customer. You don't have to worry about finding employees, renting a retail space, or even packaging and shipping orders!
If you are a creative person who is passionate about personal freedom, consider operating an online jewelry shop with a dropshipping business model.
How to Start a Dropshipping Business
Starting a dropshipping business is one of the best ways to make money online today. You can operate a company that gives you the freedom to travel anywhere in the world, live the van life, and wake up every day to a brand-new adventure!
There are endless options when it comes to types of dropshipping businesses. However, it’s best to choose something that you’re truly passionate about. As a person who wants to know how to travel and make money, you know that it’s important to always follow your heart – wherever it takes you! That’s precisely why you should choose a dropshipping business that brings you joy.
Jewelry is one of the best products to sell online. People all around the world are constantly searching for beautiful, unique trinkets to buy for themselves or give away as gifts to someone they care about. Jewelry is used to celebrate momentous occasions, express love, bond friends, and show off unique personalities.
If you start a jewelry dropshipping business, you could be the reason behind so many meaningful moments all around the world! Doesn’t that sound wonderful?
Here’s the step-by-step process to start selling jewelry online:
- Choose your dropshipping supplier
Choosing a dropshipping supplier for jewelry can feel overwhelming because there are so many options out there and all of them claim to be the best. However, many of them are owned and operated by massive organizations in countries without safe labor laws or ethical business practices.
It’s a good idea to work with a jewelry supplier that is based within the United States, like Continental Bead Suppliers. We are a wholesale jewelry company in Nevada that sells directly to online and in-person business owners. We are proud to offer our dropshipping services exclusively to registered businesses with proper licensure and a tax ID.
The best part about dropshipping with Continental Bead Suppliers is that you can begin the process as soon as you’re finished reading this guide and be all set up in just a few minutes! All you have to do is:
- Create an account. Fill out this quick online form to apply for an account. You’ll enter your tax ID number to register your business and enjoy all the perks of working with our company (like tax-free sales!)
- List products on your marketplace. Keep reading to learn more about choosing an online marketplace and listing products.
- Fulfill orders. When someone places an order on your online shop, simply head on over to our online warehouse and choose their item. We will grab the jewelry from our physical warehouse, package it up, and ship it directly to your customer.
- Choose your online marketplace
Etsy is one of the most popular places to sell jewelry online. You can also sell jewelry through your own website with Shopify and directly to your followers on social media platforms. However, Etsy might be the easiest way to start an online jewelry business because they do most of the work for you!
Here’s how to set up an Etsy account as a seller:
- Create an account. Head over to Etsy and create an account. Add a profile picture or company logo and describe your business in the bio section.
- Set up your store. Once you have an account, you can jump to etsy.com/sell and click get started. Select your shop language, country, and currency, and choose your shop name.
- Connect your bank account. This is how you’ll get paid!
- Set up your storefront. Before you list any items, you’ll want to create some store policies and give customer insight into your workflow. This can include shipping times, return processes, and additional charges (if any) that buyers are responsible for.
- List items. Contact your jewelry supplier for high-quality images of the items you want to sell. Post the image with an attractive title, relevant tags, and a great description.
It’s important to note that Etsy charges $0.20 per listing, a 6.5% Transaction fee, and a 3% + $0.25 payment processing fee. Make sure you consider these charges in your prices!
- Market your jewelry business
Social media makes it incredibly easy to market your jewelry business online – you can do it from anywhere in the world! Just log onto your favorite social media platforms and tell your audience about the great products you have and what makes your shop better than all the rest.
Sure, there are many online jewelry shops out there, but none of them have YOU. You are in the midst of the adventure of a lifetime, starting a business while traveling on your own terms! Use those experiences to market your products to others in your industry who will connect with your incredible story.