Seed beading is a jewelry making technique that works with multiple tiny beads threaded together to create intricate patterns and designs. There are a few different ways that you can go about creating pieces of jewelry with seed beading including loom weaving, stitching, or threading them onto a beadable component.
Beadable components are an excellent option for any level of jewelry maker. As long as you have the proper tools and practice the seed beading technique, you can create wearable art with your own two hands!
Centerline beading components are high-quality pieces of jewelry that are designed to work with size 11/0 Delica’s seed beads. However, they also work perfectly with size 11/0 Miyuki seed beads and size 11/0Czech seed beads.
Here at Continental Bead Suppliers, we have three styles of Centerline beading components available. Each style is available in multiple finishes (silver, gold, gunmetal, antique copper, antique brass, antique silver and satin Hamilton gold) and can be used to create earrings, necklaces, bracelets, keychains, and more.
- K155 Centerline Seed Bead Charm – This is a round charm that measures 24.5mm. It features three horizontal bars which seed beads can be threaded in between to create gorgeous wearable art.
- K153 Centerline Seed Bead Charm – This is another round charm from Centerline Components. The K153 charm measure 18.5mm and has 10 sections where you can add rows of size 11/0 seed beads.
- K154 Centerline Bead Charm – This feather charm from Centerline Components measure 35mm x 13.5mm and has a single row down the center which size 11/0 seed beads can be threaded through.
Each one of these Centerline beading components are crafted from solid brass that has been electro-plated with one of the seven gorgeous available finishes. Each finish is hypoallergenic, nickel-free, and 100% lead safe.
Seed Beading Tools
Beadable components are just the beginning of creating these beaded works of art! Once you have selected your base that you will add your seed beads onto, it’s time to make sure you’ve got the rest of the tools you need.
- Seed beads – Pay close attention to the size and shape of the seed beads that you are working with. When using Centerline components, you will need to purchase size 11/0 seed beads. However, some low-cost retailers will sell misshapen beads which will make it difficult for you to find uniformity in your designs.
- Beading thread – Regular cotton thread is not strong enough to be used in seed bead designs. It’s recommended to use a nylon thread in a neutral color, or a color that matches the seed beads you’re working with.
- Beading needle – Your beading needle should be an appropriate size for your beads. Similar to beads, needles are sized with a number; the higher the number, the smaller the needle. If you are working with size 11/0 beads, you should use a size 12/0 needle.
We know that you just can’t wait to bring Centerline seed bead components to your online store. You can purchase any or all of Continental Bead Suppliers’ wholesale options by applying for an account with us today!